This release includes 26,774 essays and images from 22 sources, over 15,001 pages. Includes:
* Baker’s Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, ed. by Nicholas Slonimsky
* Baker's Student Encyclopedia of Music, ed. by Laura Kuhn
* Women Composers, ed. by Martha Furman Schleifer
* The History of Classical Music, by Stuart A. Kallen
* The Instruments of Music, by Stuart A. Kallen
* The Liszt Companion, ed. by Ben Arnold
* Music since 1900, 6th ed., ed. by Laura Kuhn
* A Short History of Opera, by Donald Jay Grout
* The Sibelius Companion, ed. by Glenda Dawn Goss
* The Oxford Companion to American Theatre
* The Oxford Dictionary of Dance
* The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States
* The Grove Encyclopedia of Materials and Techniques in Art
* The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music
* The Oxford Companion to Music
* A Dictionary of Opera Characters
* The Grove Book of Opera Singers
* The Grove Book of Operas
* The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Opera
* The Oxford Companion to Shakespeare
* The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance
* The Concise Oxford Companion to the Theatre
Developed cooperatively with scholars and librarians worldwide, this cutting-edge resource guides researchers to the best available scholarship across a wide variety of subjects. Oxford Bibliographies in Music combines the best features of a high-level encyclopedia and a traditional bibliography in a style tailored to meet the needs of today’s online researchers. Each article, written and reviewed by top scholars in the field, is rich with citations and annotations, expert recommendations, and narrative pathways to the most important works for virtually all areas of music.
Include artists in rock, rhythm and blues, rap, country, electronica, jazz, vocal and classical. Features include select discographies, bibliographies, a glossary of musical terms, and other information. Also features appendix essays on various topics including the music industry, rap, and grunge.
This release includes 1,210 essays and images from 10 sources and hundreds of audio examples. Includes:
* Volume 1: Africa
* Volume 2: South America, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
* Volume 3: The United States and Canada
* Volume 4: Southeast Asia
* Volume 5: South Asia: The Indian Subcontinent
* Volume 6: The Middle East
* Volume 7: East Asia: China, Japan, and Korea
* Volume 8: Europe
* Volume 9: Australia and the Pacific Islands
* Volume 10: The World's Music: General Perspectives and Reference Tools
The online version offers convenient access for anyone interested in Taruskin’s essential history of Western music, from first-time readers to long-time fans of the work, from students assigned chapters in a course to experienced scholars seeking a handy point of entry for their research. Readers can easily search across the entire work to pinpoint quotations or follow up references. They can jump across chapters through the browsable Table of Contents or through an editorially designed index. For users that also have access to Grove Music Online, Taruskin’s text is accompanied by editorially selected links to relevant articles in Grove.
The site consists of five main features: An online bibliography of music and dance bibliographies and reference sources (both print and online), A blog devoted to music and dance bibliography and reference, Basic introductions to reference tools intended to help students understand how reference sources can guide them to appropriate research materials, Links to unpublished bibliographies, A corresponding Facebook page designed as a forum for interested librarians, scholars, and students. At present the bibliography includes more than 7,300 bibliographies and reference sources (both print and online), approximately 1,880 of which are annotated with critiques on use, coverage, organization, and pros and cons (click here for guidelines on writing critiques).
Welcome to Encyclopædia Britannica Online Academic Edition. Use this powerful resource to search or browse for information in encyclopedias, magazines, videos, and Web sites. Your search results will include Encyclopædia Britannica and Britannica Concise Encyclopedia articles as well as media, Web sites, and videos. Magazine and journals from EBSCO and Proquest are also available. Finally, from Merriam-Webster, you will see results for the dictionary and thesaurus as well as the notable quotations.
Includes fully searchable, completely comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, and unique study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages.Languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.