The Library is OPEN and employees are here to help with research questions and assignments. Please contact Humanities Librarian, Elizabeth Smart, by email, phone, or scheduling a Zoom appointment (click "Schedule an Appointment" below).
The Harold B. Lee Library has many scholarly resources that are available online, like journal articles and e-books.
The library's online resources are reviewed by peers and editors, and include bibliographies. These are some of the ways the library's online resources differ from information you might find in a general Internet search.
Before you get started, go to the library homepage -- lib.byu.edu -- and look for the Login icon in the upper right corner. Login to have the best access to library resources.
For this assignment, use any of these databases:
1. Search Art & Architecture Source for artist Elizabeth Catlett (or the artist you are researching).
2. Find the full text of an article by looking for:
PDF Full Text
HTML Full Text
3. Different databases -- Art & Architecture Source and ARTbibliographies Modern -- look different, but act the same. Just remember to:
For this assignment, you can also search the library's e-book collection.
1. Start on the library's homepage -- lib.byu.edu -- and use the main search box to search for "elizabeth catlett"
2. Filter the results by checking the box for "E-books" under the heading "Resource Type"
3. Sometimes electronic encyclopedia entries show up as e-books. Be sure to take a second look and choose the sources best suited to your assignment.