Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration.Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
In addition to the engaging, streamlined interface and media-rich topic pages, the product's unprecedented collection of content and curriculum-focused tools that help students explore issues from all perspectives include:
- Pro/con viewpoint essays
- Topic overviews
- More than 300 primary source documents
- Biographies of social activists and reformers
- Court-case overviews
- Periodical articles
- Statistical tables, charts and graphs
- Images and a link to Google Image Search
- Podcasts, including weekly presidential addresses and premier NPR programs
When you get to the Opposing Viewpoints site, click on the "Browse" tab to see the more than 110 issues you can use.
Can get to it in either of 2 ways:
1. From the Library homepage (www.lib.byu.edu), in the search box at the top, type " Opposing Viewpoints" and hit enter--it should be the the first entry that pops up (BYU students can only get acces to it by autheticating through the Library or other authentic BYU portal); or
2. from the Library home page, click on "Database finder", then click on the letter "O" , it should be the tenth entry from the top.