DANCE 170 Course Description: Dances from selected cultures at the beginning skill level.
1. Students will demonstrate sequence patterns, formations and positions of selected folk dances
2. Students will develop a world dance movement vocabulary
3. Students will explore coordination, fine and gross motor skills
4. Students will increase rhythmic awareness
5. Students will interpret styling differences between cultures
6. Students will improve their appreciation and understanding of other cultures, traditions, and customs
DANCE 270 Course Description: Techniques of selected traditional, folk, and national dance styles.
PREREQUISITE: Dance 170 or equivalent.
1. Each student will demonstrate footwork and various rhythmic structures from selected cultures
2. Each student will develop proper technique of posture, gesture and free movement
3. Each student will interpret proper body alignment and technical execution of movement styles and phrases
4. Each student will enhance the ability to recognize and understand world dance vocabulary, significance and context within selected cultures
5. Each student will understand the distinction of various patterns concerning tradition and innovation
6. Each student will increase awareness and appreciation of world dance and how it relates to other dance forms and styles
DANCE 370 Course Description: In-depth dance technique of selected traditional, folk, and national dance styles.
PREREQUISITE: DANCE 270
|1. Demonstrate complex movement patterns from selected cultures
2. Develop proper technique of posture and grace
3. Interpret proper body alignment and technical execution of movement styles and phrases
4. Enhance the ability to recognize and understand world dance vocabulary, significance and context within selected cultures