Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contemporary Dance Useful Call Numbers
MD 1580 Dance periodicals
MD 1585 Dictionaries, encyclopedias
MD 1587 Terminology, abbreviations, notations
MD 1588 Philosophy
MD 1597 Dancing as a profession
MD 1782.5 Choreography
MD 1783 Modern or expressionistic dancing
MD 1784 Jazz dance
MD 1785 Biography
MD 1785.8-1786 Dance groups or companies
MD 1798 Gymnastic dancing; rhythmic exercise
- Students will demonstrate and articulate an understanding of the elements of dance (energy, space, and time).
- Students will demonstrate beginning technical ability in the areas of:·flexibility·strength and endurance·control of parallel and turn out positions
- Students will demonstrate creative problem solving and interpersonal skills through collaborative improvisation and composition experiences
- Students will articulate an awareness and appreciation of dance as an art form.
- Students will articulate knowledge of basic modern/contemporary dance history
Google News: Modern Dance
Performing Arts Librarian