Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide provides resources for all parts of the research process involving data. Learn how to:
- Plan: What is data? What type of data do I need? Where can I get help?
- Find: Where can I find statistics and datasets? What strategies should I use for searching?
- Analyze & Visualize: How do I interpret and draw conclusions from data? How can I use it to tell a story? What resources are available?
- Manage & Preserve: How can I organize and keep track of large datasets? How do I create a data management plan?
- Share: How do I determine the credibility of data? How do I evaluate others' interpretations? How do I cite data? Can I share data?
SAGE Research Methods (SRM) This link opens in a new windowProvides material to guide users through every step of the research process.
Data Planet (SAGE) This link opens in a new windowData Planet Statistical Datasets interface allows users to browse available datasets by subject and source and to manipulate variables to create customized views of the data, as well as to search for statistics of interest.
Social Science Data Librarian
Humanities Data Librarian