Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the BYU Family History Library
The BYU Family History Library is a provides a rich array of resources, including a large collection of books and microfilms, databases, and people to help you with your family history research. We also provide instruction in person and online. To learn more, visit the BYU Family History Library website.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, the BYU Library is currently only open to BYU students and faculty and is closed to community patrons. We continue to offer live webinars and other online information to assist in your research.
Help and Instruction
- Friendly library staff and missionary volunteers to help you
- One-on-one research help
- Group instruction for YSAs, youth groups, families and more
- Sunday classes
- Webinars and other instructional videos on YouTube
Collections and Resources
- Premium databases
- Family history center access to FamilySearch images
- Scanning equipment (photos, slides & negatives, documents, etc.)
- Large-format color printer (for fan charts, etc.)
- Over a half million microfilm reels
- Large collection of family and local history books
- Special collections (old photos, diaries, personal papers, etc.)