Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Identify actions and roles of specific joints and muscle groups while moving and stationary.
- Identify correct skeletal alignment, as well as incorrect alignment and skeletal deviations common to dancers.
- Identify chain reactions of skeletal misalignment, and muscular imbalances that commonly occur in the presence of a given misalignment.
- Identify individual differences in body structure and function, and outline specific strategies for working with those differences.
- Outline appropriate procedures to address bodily education/re-education through neurological, muscular and skeletal means.
- Demonstrate explicit knowledge in one self-selected dance and science related topic.
Research Topics Paper, Original Study or Project
Students will do one of the following of their choice:
- Choose, research and write about a current topic related to Dance Science;
- Design a research study, collect, interpret and report data relating to a topic of interest related to Dance Kinesiology;
- Create a substantial, pre-approved project that applies significant principles of Dance Science in a creative or pedagogical way.
Students may work individually or in teams. If choosing to work as a team, each student will be equally responsible for the quality of the finished product (See assignment guidelines in packet).
Performing Arts Librarian