Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Subject guides are works in progress.
If there are resources or information you would like added or clarified, please contact me.
Search to see if your question has already been answered!
How to Use this Guide
Welcome to the Economics guide! Here you will find resources to facilitate and improve your learning, research, and writing. Each section focuses on finding and using a different type of resource:
- Articles: find peer reviewed journal articles as well as policy, industry, legal, and grey literature.
- Current Events: find popular press news stories on the latest issues.
- Data: find datasets for research projects and analysis.
- Books: find recommended books.
- Background Research: find resources for exploring and refining research topics.
- Worldwide Economies: find information and statistics on features of economies throughout the world.
- Publish: find resources on research methods, writing, citation, publishing, and measuring impact.
- Grants: find resources for locating and writing grant proposals.
- Faculty Publications: see recent scholarship from faculty in the BYU Economics Department.
Frequently Used Resources
EconLit (EBSCO) The premier index of economic literature, produced by the American Economic Association.
ProQuest Business Collection Broad coverage of business, economics, and many other disciplines.
NBER Working Papers Provides initial access to research findings of leading economists often years before the same articles appear in other professional publications.
Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) Economic time series data on topics from unemployment to interest rates to population and housing.
Data Planet (SAGE) Find, visualize, and download datasets on a variety of topics including business, economics, and demographics.
Statista An aggregator of statistics on almost any topic.
Social Sciences Desk
First floor map
Find a Journal
Find a Book
Find a Database