Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
West View Building Office Hours
Meet with me in 2144 WVB:
- Mondays 1-3 PM
- Thursdays 12-2 PM
Subject guides are works in progress.
If there are resources or information you would like added or clarified, please contact me.
How to Use this Guide
Welcome to the Finance guide! Here you will find resources to facilitate your research and learning. Each section focuses on finding and using a different type of resource:
- Company & Financial: data and information on companies, financials, investments, and SWOT analysis.
- Industry & Marketing: data and information on industries, markets, and consumers.
- Analyst Reports: expert analysis on investments.
- Articles & News: fill in gaps with peer reviewed journal articles, industry magazines, and news.
- Real Estate: resources specifically for informing real estate investment and development.
- Books: find recommended books.
- Professional Exams: resources to help you prepare for finance professional exams.
- Publish: resources on research methods, writing, citation, publishing, and measuring impact.
- Faculty Publications: see recent scholarship from BYU Finance Department faculty.
Frequently Used Resources
ProQuest Business Collection This link opens in a new window
The most comprehensive source for scholarly and industry articles related to business.
Detailed company financials, including VC, PE, and M&A deals. First time? Create "New User" at top right and use your byu.edu email. Alternatively, use the library's terminal, co-located with Bloomberg at the Social Sciences desk.
Over 100 million private companies. Also includes First Research industry reports, D&B Key Business Ratios.
Reports on over 1,000 industries: size, barriers to entry, segmentation, cost structures, etc.
Reports on consumer markets and trends. Segmentation, branding, positioning, and psychographics. Rich insight into consumer behavior and lifestyles. Coverage is deepest for the U.S.